Monday, August 18, 2008

We're Finally Sleeping!!!

After seven weeks of getting up in the middle of the night every three to four hours for feedings, we're all getting adequate sleep! Max is sleeping five to six hours at a time, which means Mommy and Daddy are well rested! As corny as it sounds, I am quite proud of my Bubba for this accomplishment, especially when I talk to other mom's. Max is also a champion nap taker, so I get a lot done during the day (my kitchen floor is finally clean).
The only thing that I can complain about at this point is that Max doesn't like his schedule interrupted at all! He doesn't like to go anywhere, won't take his naps anywhere but at home, and cries until we get home (it's just a joy taking him places). I've had a few wonderful experiences with this recently: once I got the okay, I decided we would go to the mall and walk a few laps. He started screaming half way through the first lap and wanted to be held. It was quite interesting pushing the stroller and holding him (luckily I didn't drop him). A few days later we needed groceries, so we ventured out to Super Target. I quickly got all of our groceries loaded into the cart in about five minutes, but it as we were standing in line that he decided to exercise his lungs....very, very loudly I might add. This weekend went a little smoother when we got Daddy involved: we had someone to push the stroller when he had enough and wanted to be held.
I no longer have any hopes of getting some exercise during the day, but hopefully we can break him of this little (actually big) problem soon.....like, in time for Rick and Andrea's wedding or that night could have disaster written all over it! Wish us luck!

No comments: