Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Suppose It's Time to Update

Nothing too exciting has happened since we've last posted, but here's a rundown of our life the past month:

Max is almost 7 weeks old and weighing in at close to 14 lbs (my little chunker!). I can't believe how fast he's growing! He's does great at night (Mommy and Daddy are quite happy about it), sleeping three to four hours at a time before he wakes up and thinks he can't live another second without a bottle. Max keeps mommy busy during the day, eating around 6 oz every hour or hour and a half. We tried rice in his bottle at bedtime last week, but it gave him a tummy ache=(  Hopefully his tummy will be able to handle rice in the next couple of weeks because he is wearing Mommy out!
 We had to take him to the doctor a few weeks ago and found out he has eczema. After a $25 trip to Target, he now has all hypoallergenic laundry detergent, lotion, and body wash. His face and hands have cleared up nicely, but we're hoping it's something he'll grow out of (Mommy's not a big fan of the expensive hypoallergenic stuff we have to buy).
Max has also had a couple of play dates. His first one was with his cousin Ty from Minnesota. Matt and I weren't there (we got away for an afternoon movie) but Grandma said there was a lot of kicking going on. Max's second play date was this past weekend with Ella. Max didn't do a whole lot, but Ella was interested! He also got to meet Ella's mommy Laura and our friends Olivia and Anika--Max enjoyed all of the attention!
I start back to work September 5th. I'll have a hard time leaving my baby for the few hours I'll work each week, but it will be nice to have adult conversation during the day! I had my follow up doctor appointment Monday and got the ok to start exercising again, which means Max gets to start taking walks with Mommy during the day! Last week was exhausting and sad: my Grandma Betty died Sunday evening. Our week was filled with family and Max went to funeral (he was fine until about half way through and then he was done!). I'm happy she got to meet Max and sad she won't be here to see him grow up and meet our future children, but I like to think she's still keeping tabs on things=)
The past month has been quite interesting (thanks to Max and his little accomplishments). We'll be better about keeping everyone up to date with our life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got to see Baby Max and Daughter Ashley today. Yeh! My Baby Max is a STUD! Great job Mom and Dad you're doing a great job and we're proud of you both!

Olivia said...

Thanks for the update! Even though I got one in person, it's still fun to read about.

Der Roberto said...

Max Sheaffer - great football name - i'm thinking QB, Redskins of course!

what a great way to stay in touch! Good job guys!

I'll be back!